|  Login

Students Walking by Library

Entering Your School and Major

University College prepares students to enter their degree-granting schools. Academic and Career Development is here to assist you with this process. Some schools require a formal application while other schools require a certain grade point average and classes. Once the intended school determines that you have met all requirements for admission, your academic records are then transferred to your new school, and you will be sent an acceptance e-mail or letter. This process takes place three times a year during fall, spring, and summer terms.

To learn more about admission requirements for your major or school, select from the following links:

Transferring to a Degree-Granting School by GPA and Course Work

School of Education
School of Engineering and Technology 
School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
School of Informatics and Computing
School of Journalism
School of Liberal Arts
Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health
Lilly Family School of Philanthropy
School of Science
    Computer and Information Science
    Environmental Science
    Forensic and Investigative Sciences

Application Schools

General Studies
Herron School of Art and Design
Kelley School of Business
School of Dentistry - Dental Hygiene
School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
School of Medicine—Health Professions Programs
School of Nursing
School of Physical Education and Tourism Management
    Exercise Science
    Fitness Management and Personal Training
    Physical Education Teacher Education (PETE)
    Sports Management
    Tourism, Conventions, and Event Management
School of Social Work

University College requires that you transfer to your degree-granting school by the time you earn 56 credit hours as this is junior standing. If you are still in University College with 56+ credit hours, you will be required to meet with an academic advisor prior to each registration term, and you must be in your degree-granting school within another 24 credits.

Questions? Meet with your academic advisor!

Entering Your Degree School

Check to make sure your major is correct on your university record.
  1. Log in to Onestart.
  2. Click on Go To Student Center located under the big red SIS letters.
  3. In Academics, click on My Academics & Grades.
  4. Your major is in the light blue box in the right side.
Not your correct major? Change your major here.